Studiying abroad is expensive. But you can get help from the EU with Erasmus+:
In France, a student spends between 600 and 1000 euros per month or 8000 and 12000 euros per year.
Housing accounts for 53% of spending. It costs between 300 and 500 euros per month in province and between 500 and 700 euros per month in Paris.
Prices in Paris are higher than in the provinces.
In France, public universities cost around 183 euros per year for a bachelor. Private universities costs between 8000 and 10000 euros per year and catholic universities cost between 2000 and 6000 euros per year.
A BTS costs between 200 and 4000 euros per year and a DUT costs around 195 euros per year.
For a foreign student a master’s costs 243 euros per year and a doctorate costs 280 euros in a public university. In a private university a master’s costs 2770 euros and a doctorate costs 3770 euros.
There are 679 grant programs for international student.
The major grant for students are :
- the grant of the French embassies abroad.
- grant for specific programmes
- grant in theology
- grant on social criteria
- grant for the Agence University of Francophonie
- grant from local authorities
To receive a grant, you must provide the following documents :
- accounting information sheet
- RIB to stick on the accounting information sheet
- financial position sheet
- University certificate of education of the current year
- cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae with photo or photo ID
- Parents' Prior Year Tax Notice
- photocopy of the residence card